Monday, December 11, 2006

Hey,

So this weekend was Jacqui's birthday. Friday night we went to a wonderful new place not far from where i live. Atticus. It is so great because it is SMOKE FREE. Everyone smokes in this country and it is getting on my nerves.

Also, i had one of those momments that seems so rare these days. As i know a total of...maybe 20 people in all of England it is odd when you just randomly bump into someone that you recognize. That happened to my on Friday night. A young post office worker (Aunt Tina you might like this!!!!) that works at the office near my work, and that is were i post most things back to Canada, almost ran me over at the bar Friday night. It so surprized me at the time because that kind of thing just does not happen here. I just it is a sign that i am truely becoming a part of the culture and way of life here in Birmingham England.


Anyway, Saturday we headed off to Oxford - University central here in England. How beautiful a city... and not since Guelph have a see so many bikes in one spot!!!

Here are a few picts of the area.



Check out the grass...remember this is December 10th. On the train ride to Oxford we passed a golf course and it was busy!!!


Saturday night we went out to a place called the Barfly. Fun was had by all.


Sunday was recoupe. I cooked propper Canadian Pancakes with REAL Canadian maple syrup. It was said to be a success. Sunday afternoon we bowles our hearts out. I suck at 10 pin bowling. i had the "high" score of 22 after 10 frames.


Hope all is well with you, and miss you all lots. Much love, Martha



P.S. i noticed i have not really had a picture of me on as of late. This is how i am looking. Bye.


No comments: